The Government of the Province of Chaco and Urunday Foundation, established the Organizing Committee, to carry out the “International Biennial of Sculpture 2020”. The contest will be performed in the city of Resistencia, Chaco, Argentine Republic, from the 11th of July to the 18th of July, 2020.
10 (ten) sculptors from different countries of the world will participate. Each sculptor will work on a sculpture in travertine marble piece, free topic, for 7 (seven) consecutive days and under any weather condition.
1. It will be provided a block of travertine marble of 1,50mts. x 0,60mts. x 0,60mts.
2. The sculptor must bring his tools. The Organizing Committee will provide air for pneumatic tools and 1 (one) grinder for 7” discs. (Does not include discs).
3. The sculptor will complete the registration form and submit his project until November 30, 2019.
4. The Jury:
The Jury shall consist of three (3) members appointed by the Organizing Committee, who will visit the assigned places to each artist at any time they consider appropriate.
The Jury will prepare a record of decisions, not allowing any of its members to abstain from voting on any occasion. His decision is final and will not be open to appeal.
5. Prizes will be awarded as follow:
• First Prize. Gold medal and certificate.
• Second Prize. Silver medal and certificate.
• Third Prize. Bronze medal and certificate.
• Chamber of Deputies of the Province of Chaco Award. Certificate.
• FEMECHACO Award. Certificate.
• Sculptor’s Award “Efrain Boglietti”. Certificate.
• People’s Choice Award. Certificate.
• Children’s Choice Award “Reinaldo Martìnez”. Certificate.
6. All participating sculptors will receive U$S 4.500 (Four thousand and five hundred US dollars) plus tickets in tourist class.
7. Lodging and living expenses for participant sculptors will be provided by the Organizing Committee (double-bed room, breakfast, lunch and dinner). The participant sculptors of the International Contest must be in the city of Resistencia 48 (forty eight) hours before the start of the contest and will remain in the mentioned city until 11:00 AM, July 19th. Extra expenses, such as phone calls and drinks, will not be provided by the Organizing Committee.
8. The sculptor will work out doors in open air and under any weather conditions. Working hours will be ruled by the “Exclusive Program for Participant Sculptors” of the contest. Once the contest is over, sculptors will not be able to continue working.
9. If any participant finishes ahead of schedule, it is mandatory to remain in the venue until the last day and must attend the award ceremony.
10. All of the participant’s works will be exhibited for sixty (60) days. Afterwards, their works will be placed throughout the city as Cultural Heritage of Resistencia, Chaco, and Capital City of Sculptures.
11. Participants are required to attend all events organized by the Organizing Committee.
12. Each participant must hold medical insurance. Otherwise and for any eventuality, medical charges must be paid by the participants.
13. All rights on video recordings, bindings and photographs taken during the event are reserved to the Organizing Committee. Advertising in the working areas will be scheduled by the Organizing Committee exclusively.
14. In case of non-compliance of any point of this Regulation, the Organizing Committee has the right to accept or deny participants.
15. Any event or circumstance not covered by these rules shall be decided by the Organizing Committee.